3D immersive creation tool Gravity Sketch has just released version 1.5 with new features and upgrades, including new drawing tools, new geometry types, orthographic views, better export options and a new, experimental surface patching tool.
New Features in Version 1.5 of the 3D tool includes:
• Taper mode – This setting allows artists to draw any length of stroke and always have tapered ends.
• Draw with Normals – When artists draw with a non-round brush, the shape of the stroke will do a much better job matching the rotation of the controller.
• Edit Normals – This feature allows artists to edit the twist of strokes along their path (think square brush).
• Depth of Field + Square Snapshot – Artists can now add a depth-of-field effect to their snapshots, and take square pictures ready for the gram!
• Orthographic Views – Accessed from a new menu on the advanced panel, artists can now view their model from top/front/side orthographic viewports, then grab the panels off and take screenshots of them directly!
• Export Options – Gravity Sketch now has improved export layout and settings for .obj, .fbx and .iges, which give artists more control over the export process and improve compatibility with popular design tools.
• Sketch Materials – The replacement to color history allows artists to re-use materials much more accurately in their current sketch.
• Super Ellipsoid – This new primitive allows artists to adjust extra parameters to create interesting shapes.
• Filled Solid – Artists can now create new filled shapes in non-planar mode.
• Simple Grouping – Artists can now create groups of objects, which they can then move and manipulate.
• Connect Curves – Artists can now automatically patch two curves/splines/surfaces together.
“Gravity Sketch is committed to disrupting and reimagining current design workflows to enable creatives to fully express their ideas in real-time”, said Gravity Sketch CEO, Seyi Sosanya. “Putting the users at the centre of our development has allowed us to continue creating a software that is not only applicable to those from technical and digital backgrounds, but is also created in a way that it can touch creatives in all walks of life regardless of their creative prowess, and also bringing back an element of fun into the creative process. Our latest developments really encapsulate our communities’ feedback and we can’t wait to see what they can create with it.”
You can download the new version now from Steam.