New feature highlights include a simplified user interface, new and improved distribution modes including the ability to use PFlow, a new way to download and manage presets and libraries, an overhauled Effects feature to allow users to extend and create their own new features, plus several new presets and a free starter tree library.
Headline features include:
● Improved compatibility. Forest Pack already supported a wide range of popular renderers, but now we’ve increased support even further by adding compatibility for 3ds Max 2019, Arnold and V-Ray Next.
● New Libraries and Presets. Several new presets are included including new grass presets designed to work in layers, vertical walls presets, and a new high quality starter library of trees and shrubs featuring 23 new plants in 11 species
● Configurable UI. The UI is now configurable to suit the way that artists work. Show and hide individual rollouts, collapse groups, resize lists and disable popups for a more streamlined workflow.
● Simplified selection. It’s now possible to select all of a Forest object’s dependencies in single click from the quad menu.
● Interactive Spline Distribution. A new path distribution mode enables users to distribute objects at regular intervals along one or more splines with controls for spacing and the ability to randomise rotation or have it align to follow the path.
● Link items to reference objects. A new reference object mode allows you to create items matching the position, rotation and scale of selected reference objects. Once created the items are linked to the reference dynamically, so any changes automatically update Forest Pack’s distribution.
● Scatter using Particles. An all new PFlow mode allows the user to instance objects onto particles with options to match their orientation and scale, opening up whole new workflows and potential for Forest Pack.
● Overhauled Effects. Effects allows the user to control a scatter using simple expression, in effect adding new features. In Forest Pack 6 Effects has seen a significant overhaul. It’s now possible to stack up multiple effects, and you can use curves and maps to control nearly any aspect of a scatter. There are all new attributes for path mode a PFlow and to help you get started, 30 sample effects have been added to the library
● Update Manager. Update Manager is a new tool for downloading, installing and managing Forest Pack content including libraries, presets and effects. It allows us to separates the library content from the plugin installer so that we can release new libraries, presets and effects at any time. In addition, offline installation and using network drives has been improved for large studios.
● Enhanced Performance. A new memory management system improves scattering performance by up to 150% for large distributions. Stability is also improved when using V-Ray in IPR mode.
For more information, check out the release notes.
Forest Pack 6 is part of iToo Software’s developing programme for 2018, with regular releases of libraries and content, and a new RailClone release in the coming weeks.
Forest Pack 6 is available now for users with an active maintenance plan or via a new perpetual licence for €220/$242.