VIEW Conference 2017 has officially opened registration for the show’s spectacular 18th annual event, which runs 23-27 October 2017 in Torino, Italy.
Confirmed speakers include legendary World of Warcraft game designer Rob Pardo, CEO of Bonfire Studios, and Baobab Studios Chief Creative Director Eric Darnell, known for his acclaimed work, including co-directing and co-writing all four DreamWorks Animation Madagascar films with Tom McGrath, as well as directing Antz.
Additional announcements are forthcoming, as speakers are added.
The initial list of VIEW Conference 2017 industry speakers include:
1. Rob Pardo – CEO, Bonfire Studios. Renowned videogame design career including
World of Warcraft – VIEW Keynote Speaker
2. Eric Darnell – Chief Creative Officer, Baobab Studios whose career includes co-
directing & co-writing all DreamWorks’ Madagascar films and projects including
Invasion, Asteroids, Rainbow Crow and more. – VIEW Keynote Speaker
3. Phil Chen – Co-founder, HTC VIVE. A technology explorer and investor who is
Managing Partner of Presence Capital VR/AR Venture Fund and Partner, Horizons
Ventures who invest in VR/AR/AI.
4. Paul Debevec – Senior Staff Engineer, Google VR and Oscar Winner
5. Kevin Lin – Chief Operating Officer, Twitch.TV
6. Christopher Townsend – Overall VFX Supervisor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
7. Vicki Dobbs Beck – Executive in Charge of ILM x LAB
8. Mark Osborne – The Little Prince and Kung Fu Panda, DreamWorks Animation
9. Kris Pearn – Director The Willoughbys, Bron Animation and Cloudy With A Chance of
Meatballs 2 Co-Director, Sony Pictures Animation
10. Shannon Tindle – Director/Writer, Sony Pictures Animation, Disney, Laika, Google
Spotlight Story On Ice
11. Cinzia Angelini – Director, upcoming CG Animated short ‘Mila’
12. Hal Hickel – Animation Director, Rogue One, ILM. Oscar and BAFTA Winner
13. Rob Coleman – Head of Animation, Lego Batman Movie, Animal Logic. Two-time
Oscar nominee for his work on Star Wars
14. Kim White – Director of Photography – Lighting, Cars 3, Pixar Animation Studios
15. Noelle Triaureau – Production Designer, Smurfs: The Lost Village, Sony Pictures
16. Mike Ford – VFX Supervisor, Smurfs: The Lost Village, Sony Pictures Imageworks
17. Carlos Zaragoza – Production Designer, The Emoji Movie, Sony Pictures Animation
18. Maureen Fan – Chief Executive Officer, Baobab Studios, VR
19. Larry Cutler – Chief Technology Officer, Baobab Studios
20. Eloi Champagne – Technical Director, National Film Board of Canada, VR
21. Claudio Pedica – Senior Interaction Designer, Sólfar Studios & AI researcher at
22. Michael Rubin – Founder and Chief Photo Officer, Neomodern
23. David Putrino – Director of Rehabilitation Innovation, Icahn School of Medicine at
Mount Sinai. Director of Telemedicine and Virtual Rehabilitation Medicine at Weill-
Cornell Medical College. Chief Mad Scientist, Not Impossible Labs.
24. Victor Perez – VFX Supervisor, Gabriele Salvatores Invisible Boy sequel
25. Francesco Filippi – Director, Mani Rosse (Red Hands), Studio Mistral
26. Ed Hooks – Multi-faceted theatrical professional, actor, author and acting teacher.
VIEW Conference’s awards competition also recognises animated short films and videogames created between January 1, 2015 and September 15, 2017. Entry is available online at: http://www.viewconference.it/awards-and-social-contest/
The awards categories are:
• BEST SHORT – First prize is 2,000 Euros
• SOCIAL CONTEST – First prize is 500 Euros
• GAME CONTEST – First prize is 500 Euros
• ITALIANMIX – dedicated to the work of Italian artists. First prize is 500 Euros
The deadline for ALL VIEW Awards submissions is: 15 September 2017.