To infinity and beyond! As you can tell from our awesome cover, we’ve got a really special edition of 3D Artist Magazine this month.
With Inside Out about to be released in theatres, we were lucky enough to talk to the Pixar team about how they actually brought life inside our minds onto the big screen. We also got to chat to director Jim Murphy about how he was inspired by Hawaiian culture and his very own song to create Pixar‘s latest short, ‘Lava’, and took a look into the future of lighting and rendering with the RenderMan team.
You can even learn how to render your work the Pixar way this issue with an exclusive tutorial from the creator of Pixar‘s Walking Teapot, Dylan Sisson – it’s easy to begin as downloading RenderMan is now free!
Elsewhere in the mag, learn how to blend photos and 3D realistically with Thiago Lima, sculpt a dark knight in ZBrush with Andreas Hopen, master a particle effects system in Houdini with Niels Prayer, use IK and FK to rig in Maya with Jahirul Amin and much, much more!
This issue there are also a massive 13GB of free resources to download at FileSilo.co.uk.
Your free downloads this month are:
– RenderMan scene files from Pixar
– 25 3DTotal textures
– Over two hours of ZBrush video tuition from the experts at Digital-Tutors
– Premium models from CGAxis.com worth over $90
– A selection of HDRIs courtesy of HDRI Hub
– Free trial version, assets, and exclusive discount to Golaem Crowd
– Video tutorials, scene files, base models and much more to accompany our written tutorials.