Competition: Two iClone Animation Pipeline bundles up for grabs!
Two lucky readers can win the entire iClone Animation Pipeline bundle by answering one simple question…
Over £1,000 worth of software to be won!
3D Artist magazine has partnered with Reallusion, the makers of iClone5 PRO, to offer two readers the chance to win the full iClone Animation Pipeline.
What’s in the iClone Animation Bundle?
- iClone5 PRO – the most fully featured package in the bundle, offering advanced puppeteering, BVH conversion and voiceover/lip sync tracks
- iClone Mocap Device Plugin – this enables real-time motion capture from within iClone, using a Microsoft Kinect camera
- 3DXchange5 – a conversion and editing tool that connects iClone to professional applications such as 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage and Motionbuilder, to name a few
What is the iClone Animation Pipeline?
If you like working in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get production environment then the iClone Animation Pipeline was made for you. It’s essentially a trio of character creation, facial and body motion animation production, and motion capture with exportable results for use in the likes of Unity or UDK – or any other 3D software that supports FBX. Here’s some of the main features:
- FBX Animation & Content Pipeline The iClone Animation Pipeline provides the key to importing your custom 3D models in FBX format and then animating your characters in real-time with fast motion capture using Kinect for Windows and speedy clean-up with iClone’s motion editing. Quickly generate characters and motion for games and be able to export 3D content back to your game-engine or cg software environment in FBX or OBJ format.
- 3DXPortal Professional 3D content marketplace
Characters, motions and props fill a marketplace of royalty-free content ready for use in game development, filmmaking or interactive entertainment. Reallusion 3DXPortal features pro 3D content and assets from Reallusion and 3D industry partners like Mixamo. The 3DXportal is the largest library of real-time assets featuring human and non-human characters in assorted styles, theme-based motions for action, adventure, fantasy and sports, and props for scene and set design. Make money with your custom 3D assets as a Reallusion 3DXPortal vendor.
- The 1st Mocap-to-Animation Total Solution iClone is first in-house Kinect mocap studio that allows you to directly bring in motion data to control virtual actors without the burden of complex motion pipelines or tedious conversion issues. Get everything you need in this tightly packaged mocap studio solution!
- Real-time Character Control & Interaction With iClone5’s Kinect motion capturing system, now you can control live characters with accessories, particle effects and physics interactions. No more hassles from traditional motion data capturing; now you can capture any motion with real-time physics properties like playing a Xbox game.
- New 5.1 Mocap Features Using Kinect for Windows iClone 5.1 mocap plug-in includes enhanced APIs, providing better calibration, more articulate motion data and stability. It allows you to do head and wrist movement, mirror capture, half-body capture, and remote body commands. One of the most exciting feature should be the floor detection and alignment which makes some movements like kick, jump or turn around more believable.
- Smart Human IK Layering and Post-Editing The best part of iClone5 motion capture is that you may also adjust and refine your motions once you have finished capturing them. The enhanced HIK (human inverse kinematics) Motion Editor can help you adjust captured motions naturally by layering existing motions on top of each other.
How to enter
Would you like to win an entire animation pipeline worth £599? We have two to give away!
Don’t miss your chance to enter this exciting competition to get your hands on the iClone Animation Pipeline bundle. For your chance to win simply answer the question below before 1 June 2013: