New release includes AMD graphics card support, flowmap tools and more.
The Foundry has released MARI 1.6, the latest release of its production proven 3D digital paint tool, featuing new additions such as AMD graphics support and flowmap tools.
“We’re really pleased that we’re now able to fully test and qualify cards from AMD,” sayd Jack Greasley, MARI product manager at The Foundry. “We’ve been working hard with them to make this happen and it’s great to have Radeons and FireGL cards as first class MARI platforms. MARI 1.6 also brings a new, and unique, toolkit for creating direction based effects directly on the geometry. Be it fur, feathers, scales or flowing lava, intuitive flowmap paint and vector tools give artists the power to nail the look. With new brush-top preview and emissive shaders too, this release makes MARI more accessible than ever.”
The new features in MARI 1.6 are as follows:
- AMD graphics card support Radeon HD 7850, HD 7950 and FirePro W7000, W8000 and W9000 have been officially tested and added to the Tested Graphics Cards list.
- Vector Paint and Vector Inspector tools give you the ability to create flow and normal maps to specify the direction of paint flow on a model, and to monitor changes easily with the inspector.
- Vector paint blending modes help create flow and normal maps with the specialised Vector Paint tool.
- Vector shading modules assist in creating flow and normal maps by setting the vector field information, displaying flow visualisation.
- New brush cursor options mean the brush cursor for the Paint tool can be changed to display an outline of the currently selected brush.
- Projection Cube and Projection Sphere shader modules allow you to project cube map or spherical texture files onto geometry for a faster workflow.
- New options in the Hue filter and the Diffuse HSV shader module allow you to specify desaturation calculations based on HSV or HSL values.
You can learn more about MARI 1.6 over at The Foundry’s website.
Did you know you can get access to an extended 30-day trial of MARI 1.5 on the cover disc of 3D Artist issue 49? Buy your copy at imagineshop.co.uk today! Alternatively, get yourself a digital copy of the magazine at greatdigitalmags.co.uk