Free Houdini training from Side FX
Side Effects Software has launched a 12-week series of online webinar classes to help beginners explore Houdini for animation and VFX
Taught by visual effects artist and interactive designer Ari Danesh, the 12-week series is designed for CG artists using Houdini for the first time, with a free Houdini Apprentice Edition provided to help you follow the classes.
The series is structured as follows:
- 27 Mar – Intro workshop
- 03 Apr – UI and modelling tools
- 10 Apr – Procedural modelling and digital asset creation
- 17 Apr – Traditional animation tools
- 24 Apr – Procedural animation and expressions
- 01 May – Understanding Attributes and Variables
- 08 May – Lights, camera, render!
- 15 May – UVs and materials
- 22 May – Creating a custom shader
- 29 May – Particles
- 05 Jun – Dynamics
- 12 Jun – Compositing
To find out more information and reserve a seat, register on the Side FX website.