E-on Software has announced its upcoming Vue 10 product line, scheduled for November release
Vue 10 introduces several major enhancements, including:
The Vue 10 product line up will follow the already well established three-tiered structure:
Find out more about the next generation features in Vue 10:
• Spline and Road Tools: Vue 10 includes a comprehensive spline toolkit that can be used for EcoSystems, terrain effects, building roads or creating objects. An automatic Path-finding algorithm can also be used to build realistic roads at the surface of terrains
• Dynamic Rocks: Vue 10 features a library of dynamic rock templates that can be used to instantly create single rocks, groups of rocks, or use them in EcoSystems. Each time the user creates a rock from a template, a new and unique variation will be generated
• Water Shading Engine and Physical Transparency: Physical water adds absorption and scattering parameters to allow for realistic light absorption in the body of water. Ocean waves now accurately affect incident light to produce realistic underwater caustics
• Render Comparison: The new render display dialogue now lets the user stack and compare previous renders. Users can overlay and compare 2 renders (including multi-pass layers) and use HDR difference tools for in depth analysis. Lightweight render clones can be created to test various postprocessing effects, without altering the original render
• EcoSystem Phase and Lean-out Control: Vue 10 lets the user individually control the phase (animation offset) of animated elements inside EcoSystem populations for creating more natural animations. Phase is totally user-controllable on a per instance basis, using the function graph. EcoSystem Lean-out Control lets the user define how the EcoSystem instances lean out towards zones of lower density
• Terrain Editing Improvements: Users can now precisely preview the active zones when painting with a brush that has Environment Constraints applied. A new Custom 3D terrain brush is added to the brush collection. Mask rotation can also be enabled/disabled when painting in the terrain editor. Material painting in the terrain editor is markedly improved. A new Strata3D node is added for the creation of realistic canyon walls and stratified rock formations. And much more!
• Edge-based Anti-Aliasing: A new edge-based anti-aliasing algorithm is added to complement the previous colour-based anti-aliasing strategy. Both AA settings can be configured independently
• Improved Depth of Field and Motion Blur
• Up to 30% Faster Rendering Speed: Significant internal optimisations made to Vue 10’s rendering engine will result in dramatically accelerated rendering
• And much more: new “Main View Defined” Aspect Ratio, Multiple Camera Aspect Ratio Variation, Improved Render Area, Texture Projection Node, Mixed Materials Alpha Channel, Collada Morph Targets…
• Plus all the new features introduced in Vue 9.5, such as GPU Anti-Aliasing, FastHybrid Depth of Field, Atmosphere Relighting, Localized Cloud Layers, Advanced Cloud Control, Interactive Texture Placement, Custom Star Maps and more!
More information will be released by E-on Software at the time of release – keep an eye on www.e-onsoftware.com to stay in the loop.